July 2019 crawl archive now available
The crawl archive for July 2019 is now available! It contains 2.6 billion web pages or 220 TiB of uncompressed content, crawled between July 15th and 24th.
The July crawl contains page captures of 810 million URLs not contained in any crawl archive before. New URLs are sampled based on the host and domain ranks (harmonic centrality) published as part of the Feb/Mar/Apr 2019 webgraph data set from the following sources:
- a random sample of 2.0 billion outlinks taken from June crawl WAT files
- 1.8 billion URLs mined in a breadth-first side crawl within a maximum of 6 links (“hops”), started from
- the homepages of the top 60 million hosts and domains and randomly selected samples of
- 2 million human-readable sitemap pages (HTML format)
- 2 million URLs of pages written in 130 less-represented languages (cf. language distributions)
- 900 million URLs extracted and sampled from 20 million sitemaps, RSS and Atom feeds
Archive Location and Download
The July crawl archive is located in the commoncrawl bucket at crawl-data/CC-MAIN-2019-30/.
To assist with exploring and using the dataset, we provide gzipped files which list all segments, WARC, WAT and WET files.
By simply adding either s3://commoncrawl/ or https://data.commoncrawl.org/ to each line, you end up with the S3 and HTTP paths respectively.
File List #Files Total Size
Segments CC-MAIN-2019-30/segment.paths.gz 100 WARC files CC-MAIN-2019-30/warc.paths.gz 56000 46.10
WAT files CC-MAIN-2019-30/wat.paths.gz 56000 17.62
WET files CC-MAIN-2019-30/wet.paths.gz 56000 7.80
Robots.txt files CC-MAIN-2019-30/robotstxt.paths.gz 56000 0.14
Non-200 responses files CC-MAIN-2019-30/non200responses.paths.gz 56000 1.63
URL index files CC-MAIN-2019-30/cc-index.paths.gz 302 0.19
The Common Crawl URL Index for this crawl is available at: https://index.commoncrawl.org/CC-MAIN-2019-30/. Also the columnar index has been updated to contain this crawl.
Please donate to Common Crawl if you appreciate our free datasets! We’re also seeking corporate sponsors to partner with Common Crawl for our non-profit work in open data. Please contact [email protected] for sponsorship information.